when i was looking at this shot i was happy with the general composition, framing and colours - but there was an element which bothered me. i tried to remove it by cropping or stretching the image, but in the end i concluded that the only real way to fix it was to clone it out. as soon as i started it became obvious that this was a foolish idea. the background wasn't simple snow
- it was full of crates, boxes and other complicated shapes. i probably should have stopped, but it became a challenge in my head that i was determined to overcome. far too much time later this is what i finished up with. i'd like to think that if i didn't say anything you would assume it was a regular photo. but now that you know i've done some serious editing i'm curious if you'll be able to work out what (or more likely where) has been adjusted.
if it's not obvious before, it will surely be after you look at the original